So yesterday was St. Patty’s Day and I guess I overdid it. I was feeling no pain but when I came back from the parade before you knew it I was worshipping the porcelain God.
Erin Go Braaaaaaaaaaugh!!! After I puked my guts out, my tummy was really hurting so I reached in my medicine cabinet for what I thought was a bottle of Pepto-Bismol. As soon as I took a big swig I knew it wasn’t. Fuck it was calamine lotion! The big pink bottles look the same.
I immediately read the label and saw ” WARNING – in case of accidental ingestion call Poison Control. ” Now I was really in deep doo doo, I just didn’t know how deep. Did I really have to call 911 and go to the emergency room? I decided to ride it out. After worshipping the porcelain God a few more times, I did start feeling really flushed ( appropriate, huh ? ) and I definitely felt feverish. It was a long night but I survived.
So I’m still playing at the tiki bar up on the beach but I’m off this week because it’s Spring Break and they replaced me with a D.J. At least it wasn’t karaoke. Next week’s my birthday, the big 5 – 0. They say if you don’t grow up by the time you’re 50, you don’t have to. Sounds good to me. I always wondered why they always charged me ” as an adult. “